• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Help with my Sobriety..

ShAYZoN

Bluelighter
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to write this up but Mod's you can move it if so needed..

Hi my name is Shawn,

I was addicted to Oxy and all other painkillers for that matter i actually was NOT really far into addiction but close enough to where i almost O'ded and died..I happened to snort 3 oxy codens took one and then snorted another... I also was very stoned and forgot i drank two beers earlier.. And you know what that means Felt sick like throwing up and almost passed out many times heart was slow.. I thought i was dead.. But a good friend kept me awake and new what to do.... Anyways lol i just was wondering about something...

My mom had no idea i do drugs other then she knew i smoked and did salvia once... But other then that she has no IDEA the amount of drugs i've tried... So sense she didn't know how close to addiction i was with PainKillers it's hard for me to explain to her that i don't wanna get my wisdom teeth removed for the simple fact that my doctor will be prescribing me oxy-coden and im SERIOUSLY worried that it will bring me back to the everyday use i had known and loved (Sucks to admin but it was true)...

What should i do about this problem.. You guys may think that it is stupid but i am really worried i mean i was snorting and taking at least 4 Painkillers everyday... It was bad but NOT like Heroin Bad?? Ya know... Anyone have any ideas how to help me out... Would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Sincerely,
Shawn...

"...i don't wanna get my wisdom teeth removed for the simple fact that my doctor will be prescribing me oxy-coden and im SERIOUSLY worried that it will bring me back to the everyday use..."

tell the dentist ibuprofen will be good enough. honestly, ibuprofen has always worked better than oxy for dental work i've had including getting my wisdom teeth cut out. it's not that bad, mostly sore rather than pain.

Yes, exactly what Izzy said. You won't even need to talk to your mom about the painkillers, just mention to your doctor you would prefer to have ibuprofen, before he puts you under.

If you are really concerned about the downward spiral, you could always give them to me for safe keeping.

I actually use mine for pain which will hopefully not be long term, and I barely get enough pills to get by.

How are your withdrawals and cravings?

Withdrawals sucked.. I felt very Nauseous for a couple of day's shaky HEADACHES like NO other... But other then that its been ok every time someone pulls out painkillers i ask nicely for them to put it away because i want to do it SOOO bad... i also get shaky if i see them like tweaker twaker lol..

If you are really concerned about the downward spiral, you could always give them to me for safe keeping.

I actually use mine for pain which will hopefully not be long term, and I barely get enough pills to get by.

Question how would i get them to you :p i was thinking i would give them to my good friend and then maybe we would just sell them but that's hella stupid and illegal and it puts me at risk for relapse... still Just thinking about them makes my stomach turn and want them so bad that report was hard to write up if anyone can image n..

Im joking. I dont really need your pills, but it would be a shame to waste them.

Your health has to come first though.

I don't wanna waist them what about sellling them for weed :) then just smoking for pain!

Smoking anything is not a good idea after getting your wisdom teeth pulled, at least not for a few days. It can cause any number of problems from dry sockets where the teeth were (very painful) to infections. At the very least, it will inhibit the healing process.

If you're that concerned about relapsing, tell your doctor you don't want anything narcotic. Or give your pills to your parents or a trusted friend and have them distribute them to you as directed.

maybe this is relative: my recently detoxed junkie son was terrified of the prospect of being prescribed narcotics for an involved dental procedure. terrified that he would be running through the streets to cop a few ballons.
i told him what the other's said; tell the guy about addiction issues. well he did and all the dentists use is real low dose oxycodone/acetomeniphen Percocet i believe. the shit has no reasonable ability to cause euphoria. by the way the combination is a better analgesic than plain opiods.
lf you are jonesing eat the 12/15 all at once and be done with it. you will get so little out of it that he will forget the episode.
good luck with your struggle-you are too bright to be copping on the streets anyhow.

lf you are jonesing eat the 12/15 all at once and be done with it. you will get so little out of it that he will forget the episode.

I really hope you aren't recommending that he eat all 12-15 percocets at once....

If the overdose from the oxy doesn't kill him, then the acetaminophen probably would.

I really hope I misread that because it's horrible advice...

I really hope you aren't recommending that he eat all 12-15 percocets at once....

If the overdose from the oxy doesn't kill him, then the acetaminophen probably would.

I really hope I misread that because it's horrible advice...

Over Dosing= NEVER FUCKING AGAIN... I swear i saw the light at the end of the tunnel lol...

..................... Is that all people can help me with wasn't to helpfull lol :> (

Tell your dentist about your addiction and get only ibuprofen. Otherwise, join a Narcotics Anonymous meeting.

I think the advice so far has been very good. What else do you want to hear?